Who is Conner McQueen? And is he a good Ag?
Those are two questions I have asked myself since we heard the news of a quarterback who-shall-not-be-named stabbed us in the back with an abrupt, unjustified transfer to some school that plays in the highly-acclaimed Big 12. But seriously, considering that one of our potential starting quarterbacks was eating at a high school cafeteria less than six months ago and the other one may or may not be developing a case of north gate narcolepsy, well, maybe we should get to know this third stringer. Believe it or not, Mr. McQueen is only two missteps (albeit dramatic missteps) away from staring directly into the eyes of some foaming South Carolina linebacker in four months. But seriously, who is this kid? And more importantly does he have what it takes to be a good Ag?
Conner McQueen is 5’10 and 175 pounds per GigEm247. Ok, that’s not a good start. Those measurements pretty much just make him a more athletic version of me… which probably doesn’t bode well for a Saturday afternoon in SEC country. Ok, ok… Johnny was small right? But does he have those big, beautiful, well-moisturized hands like Johnny? (Sidenote: it legitimately took me like two minutes to find four articles on the internet with "Johnny" and "Hands" in the title... the internet is great). Well, much to my surprise, I am finding it a little hard to get information regarding Conner’s hands via Google search. (Sidenote: the internet has failed me). I might have to find a way to ask him myself. Wait! That is a great idea. Connor isn’t big time yet. He most definitely could carve out a few minutes in his day to answer a formal “get-to-know you” Aggie Rundown survey. The best way to get to answers is to go straight to the source. My mind is racing with questions already, but, before we get to the official survey let’s go ahead and throw out all the facts I can dig up as well as define some general expectations of what make a good Ag.
First the Conner McQueen facts:
- He is a 20 year-old (honestly just guessing... can't find his birth date) sophomore from Klein, Texas.
- He attended Klein Oak high school.
- Via a random Houston Chronicle article in September 2011 Conner McQueen, “prefers to stay in the pocket, go through his progressions and make reads.” Full disclosure; that quote was made in comparison to some fast guy that McQueen split QB duties with at Klein Oak. But yea, any info works. Also, here's video proof of him being more accurate and having more "fire" than both Johnny and Kenny. We can now deduce that McQueen is a pro-style quarterback. Cool.
- Via a not-so-random Sports Illustrated article in March 2014 Conner McQueen recently received an SEC Academic Honor Roll plaque. And he was berated for being a red head by that guy who transferred. And he responded with a “Mucus Lucas” joke (don’t know what that means). Ok, the puzzle is putting itself together. McQueen is a cerebral, pro-style quarterback with the ability to keep his teammates loose (with jokes) in tough situations. Very cool.
That is literally all I can find. But hey, we got some good stuff there though. I am honestly becoming quite the fan of Mr. McQueen. Before we turn it over to a questionnaire that we will bug Conner to answer via Twitter, let’s go over a few quick guidelines of what makes a good Ag. Because let’s be real, if Conner isn’t a red-ass (no pun intended) fightin’ Texas Aggie to the core… well he just isn’t worthy of our growing admiration.
Quick qualities of a good Ag: Loves College Station water. Attends Big Event. Respects Sul Ross' positive energy. Loves Lyle Lovett. Starts a new A&M organization. Tries out to be the 12th Man. Agrees with all of Rick Perry's policies. Irrationally despises Robert Griffin III. Mugging down with hot babes.
Quick qualities of a bad Ag: Neglects Sul Ross' positive energy. Disrespects Layne's historical importance. Talks loud in the Flag Room. Steps on the grass. Doesn't tear up when George Bush Sr. and Barb show up at A&M events. Doesn't believe in Century Tree love.
There we go, some general "Ag Expectations". Without further ado, here is your questionnaire (12 questions of course... WHOOP!!!) Conner. Please email your detailed, honest answers to email@example.com. The world is waiting.
- Tell me about your hands. Like everything. How big are they? Are they well-manicured? Do you moisturize? Is that important? If so, what is your moisturizer of choice?
- How many silver taps have you attended? And don’t you lie; we will find the attendance records.
- Did you join any organizations as a freshman? Did you get rejected from any organizations? Do you have organizational plans for the future? What is one organization you would NOT want to be a part of? Why?
- What is your best attribute on the football field?
- Does your red hair help or hurt you with the ladies?
- Does being a walk-on football player help you with the ladies? Have you ever mugged down with a sweet lady friend at Midnight Yell?
- What Sorority have you taken a liking to?
- Have you met Drake yet? Do you want to meet Drake? Do you want to be in his Regime?
- Are you a 4th generation Aggie? 3rd generation? ANYTHING?!?!?!
- What is your favorite Corp Squadron/Unit? Your least favorite?
- Have you ever received "monetary incentive" to sign autographs? Can Aggie Rundown provide "monetary incentive" for game-used, signed memorabilia?
- If the Dry Bean was going to make a Conner McQueen shot, what would it be?